Vectorworks not completing Exports

Noahmur

Question

When I go to export my file to a DWG, its gets to about 85% complete, at which point it just stops. occasionally it crashes here, but most of the time it doesn't stop responding until you try to click on anything. I'm on a fresh install of the 2018 Student license. I've kept all the export settings to default, and I've been able to export to DWG successfully before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, grant_PD said:

Sounds like an out of memory error.  Does it happen on all files?  If you make a ridiculously simple file, like just a rectangle, and export it, does it still happen?  Try it on a blank file, not a template.

Its seems it was an issue with memory. I was originally working on my laptop, which has 8 gb of ram. It had no problem exporting on my desktop that has 16 gb of ram though. One thing I noticed is that it only says there is a little over 2 gb of ram available on both my desktop and my laptop, even though both have more. Is there somewhere in setting of vectorworks that changes the available RAM?