Roof-Wall component connection improvement

zeno

Question

I'd like to see something allows us to manage correctly (yes.. like a real building, you know?) the connection between roof and wall components. Actually, I think it is almost difficult, and absolutely not BIM oriented.

There are 3 problems.

1) The wall and the different thickness. I don't understand why, if actually, we can manage a slab component thickness for a slab, we can't do it for a wall.

2) Modify a wall in YZ plane, not only in XZ plane or in XY plane. Actually, we can add and remove picks, manage its height only in 1 direction. If we cut a wall in plan view, we can do it and the wall is still a wall. But: if we do this in a front view, it becomes a section solid, losing all the wall propriety.

3) In 2018 version, one of the better improvement is the possibility to manage the component between connected wall. Not in the same easily mode, but we can manage it between wall and slab. But, between wall and roof is impossibile. Could an Architecture BIM software not manage it easily? The building before all, I think.

Seriously, sometimes I don't understand why in Vectorworks there are some unbelievable instrument, like surface array, and to connect a wall component whit a roof component (think about energetic management) is still a dream.

I hope the attachment can help you to understand.  And have a good work. I trust Vectorworks, but some improvement are ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Schermata 2018-02-17 alle 17.53.26.png

Edited by Zeno
  • Like 1

1 answer to this question