Is it possible to have white drape appear white

New to working with VW 2016 and doing staging floor plans. 

I've got a good portion of things figured out but is there a way to make my white stage drape actually look white?

I'd be happy with a bit of grey but what I'm getting is way too dark.

Also, my uplights show up OK when I'm on Render GL but when I do a full quality render, my uplights disappear.

Thanks in advance

Tony

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
7 minutes ago, Tony_PSAV_PM said:

I've got a good portion of things figured out but is there a way to make my white stage drape actually look white?

Usually this happens if you just have a fill of white set in the attribute palette. If you create a renderworks texture, then pick a cool or warm white and apply that texture to the drap, you'll get the effect you're looking for as long as your lighting is bright enough.

8 minutes ago, Tony_PSAV_PM said:

Also, my uplights show up OK when I'm on Render GL but when I do a full quality render, my uplights disappear.

I would need to see some example images or the file itself to tell for sure, but usually this means that a lighting setting is disabled or a light is being clocked by a shadow casting texture.

Are you able to post a screenshot of what you currently have?

Sometimes for things I want to appear whiter, I'll add Reflectivity<Glow to the texture, then put the Brightness around 40% (depends), turn off "Emit Light" and turn on "Add Matte Reflectivity". The Matte Reflectivity is important so that it still reacts to other lighting and shadows in the scene.