Drawing Issue Mangement / Submitals / Revisions Proccess

Does anyone here have any links to good reading information this subject?  I'm always trying to find ways to better what I'm doing.  But for those of us that (which I assume is most) have to submit,   Seating Layouts/Revisions to the Venue,   Venue Deck Plans to the Venue,   Lighting Plots, to the Shop.     Scenic Plans to scenic,  etc.    Do you maintain different revisions/issues etc for each specific trade?   Just use a master revision # that you update when changes occur and re-issue the entire production package  (what I do more or less,  currently),    or just publish the specific sheets relevant to the trade/recipient?    I appreciate any insight.  

-W

Edited by Wesley Burrows

I tend to just reissue the entire lighting package with all the revisions included. Used to send out individual sheets that required revisions but found out its more confusing for the technicians as they then need to sift through the corresponding outdated sheets to replace them with the updated ones. A full package revision issue is more wasteful in terms of print resources but it guarantees the most updated documents get to the technicians and minimizes errors during the hang. 

Just my my two cents worth. 

Gabriel