Renderworks disappearing / not available

Stephan Moenninghoff

Question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We had this a lot in 2017, now the first support call has occurred for v 2018: Renderworks is not available or missing from the application altogether. Can anyone throw some light on the cause and, more importantly, how to repair a missing or corrupt Renderworks?

Symptoms are

• No Renderworks commands in the render menu
  • Cannot assign materials
  • Textures missing in Resource Manager

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
45 minutes ago, JimW said:

If you're using one of the 13,2 Macbook Pros, close Vectorworks then throw away this file:

/Applications/Vectorworks 2018/Renderworks/resource/libs/osx/mesa/libosmesa.dylib

Empty the trash, restart the machine and then retry Renderworks.

Jim, I have never seen this happen on a Mac system. It is invariably Windows systems and we had this happen a lot with 2017. We have just migrated our interiorcad users to 2018 and it is starting to happen again. I have a set of REDIST executables that sometimes fix the problem but not always. I have attached them here. Not sure if this helps because this is not a reliable fix.

Redist.zip

Hi we had this issue earlier on PC and with the inclusion of a file that was not shipped with VW fixed them BUT we just have a new PC windows 10 and good gear and Renderworks is there until you use it once and then all the icons are greyed out. Will need to chase it with Sydney VW supplier.