toggle

Hi

Is there any way I can toggle in VW 10 between the offset modes in the double line polygon tool using the command key (apple key) as could be done in VW 8

this is very usefull if you haven't set the correct offset mode when you start drawing a double line poly

Also when I am using a tool in VW 10 and press the x key as a shortcut to the 2D selection tool, when I press x again after using the selection tool it no longer returns to the previous tool as it did ion VW 8

again very usefull for lazy me

can someone let me know how to get these features to work in VW 10

Use the U key to toggle through the first set of any mode buttons, i for the second set, o for the third, p for the fourth, and [ ] for the fifth and sixth.

xx deselects everything in the drawing and leaves the 2d selection tool selected.

There is a boomerang mode - hold down the space bar while using another tool. When the space bar is released, you'll be back at the previous tool.

I just went back to VW 8 and keyed x twice and it works the same as it does in VW 11.

Did I miss something?

[ 07-22-2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Hi Katie

thanks for that ...

the thing with the x key only seems to work in VW 8.5.1 ..... I just tried it in VW 8.5.2 and it does not work

I used to use 8.5.1 a lot more than 8.5.2 because it didn't mess up text in pdf documents but now it seems it also does not use x to return to the previous tool

have a go in 8.5.1 ..... draw a line, press x, move the line, press x again and it goes back to the line tool (or any tool you were using for that matter) .... I used to use the feature a lot where I needed to rotate lots of drawing elements or select things fo clipping etc

nice feature, why not put it in the next update