ANNAB

Viewport Colour

Question

Hi all!

I have a problem with the Viewport Colors. I have activated to see the classes colors in the Design layers, but in the Sheet Layer my drawing is black and white in the viewport. I assume that there should be an option if I want my viewport to be colored or b/w but I can not find it. I am new to Vectorworks and I have not learned yet all of its potentials.

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

Select the Viewport and click on the Advanced Properties button at the bottom of the OIP (Object Info Palette).

Uncheck the option for Black and White Only

5a841168d4531_ViewportAdvancedProperties.thumb.png.b53fdaa130418a82ee7d620a2d4f0109.png

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your resaponce. But is already unchecked and still not showing the classes colors. Isn't that strange? Is there some other option?

Have you inherited this file? in which case the viewport may be using class or layer overrides? Take a look in the classes for the viewport. Also make sure that Layer colours is not selected for the layers within the viewport.

Edited by markdd

Check to make sure you don't have the Document Preferences set to Black and White Only.

File / Document Settings / Document Preferences / Display tab    OR    Black and White Quick Preference button 'on' on the RH end of the Tool Bar.

5a8414813d960_BlackandWhiteQuickPreference.thumb.png.27c15388e8041e18285bfb0526b50eca.png

Thank you!!

I finally found it! I had to uncheck the Layer color  in the Viewport Layer Properties.

I had both layers in Show layer color - and they both appeared black and white. I have unchecked the one and colors showed up.

Thank you for your help!Screenshot_1.thumb.png.b18621cbba3d25d0e08ec45b0357f8cc.png