• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
Tom Klaber

Remove the Prefix "Renderworks" from Backgrounds, Textures, (and Styles) Catagories

Question

The resource browser categories are listed alphabetically - but 3 categories have the pre-word "Renderworks" - why?  Its been years and it still takes me 4 extra seconds to find what I am looking for.  It should just be "Textures," "Backgrounds," "Render Styles" 

Since it is included in the base package - no need to promote Renderworks as a sperate thing.  

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Tom Klaber said:

Since it is included in the base package - no need to promote Renderworks as a sperate thing.  

Agreed. I also want to just roll the Final Quality and Fast Renderworks into the Renderworks Style system. Render Styles (i'd be fine dropping the "works") handle this concept much more neatly than the sort of spread apart way you work with lighting and backgrounds when not using a Style.

This would also help shorten the length of names listed in the Render dropdown so that it would be easier to tell which one was active rather than "Renderworks Sty-" being the listing constantly until the menu is clicked.

34 minutes ago, JimW said:

Agreed. I also want to just roll the Final Quality and Fast Renderworks into the Renderworks Style system. Render Styles (i'd be fine dropping the "works") handle this concept much more neatly than the sort of spread apart way you work with lighting and backgrounds when not using a Style.

This would also help shorten the length of names listed in the Render dropdown so that it would be easier to tell which one was active rather than "Renderworks Sty-" being the listing constantly until the menu is clicked.

Yes!

Fast

Final Quality

Custom

....so clean.

And "Textures" are elsewhere known as Image Textures.

Opposed to Materials.

Edited by zoomer

Oh, yes! This is a ball of yarn with Vectorworks.

Can we clean up Design Layers and Sheet Layers? Classes, layers, stories, sheets, viewports, and references are perfectly clear. 

Can we consolidate three locations on the drawing screen for classes, layers, and sheets?

Can we eliminate A/B naming? Top/Plan should be Plan. Dims/Notes should be Annotation. 

Can we eliminate random abbreviations? Furn should be Furniture. Building Equip_Appliances is awkwardly long, while Ent Stage, which is in the same list, is awkwardly short.

Can we eliminate the underscore? This isn't a DOS.

Can we consolidate imperial and metric tools?

Edited by ThreeDot