• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
Tom Klaber

Extrude Class to be same as object class

Question

So often I create a polygon - have it classed correctly - then extrude it only to have the extrude change the class of the object.  Extrudes should just inherit the class of the object the operation is being performed on. 

4 answers to this question

Yes, this is kind of a bug, as the preferred workflow is draw in the desired class. As it is now, I class later because of this issue.

I'm not sure.

Maybe VW should ask which Class :)

At least it was terrible when both could have different Classes.

I feel it is a bug too. Its different than the traditional behaviour and has only been this way for a few versions. I certainly don't want the added step of VW asking every time I make an Extrude. I know that some people have made use of this in their workflow, mainly for having different coloured objects within one extrude, but it doesn't update reliably after the initial creation.

Kevin

Hi Tom,

I agree!

In case of multiple 2D objects in the extrude (or multiple extrude) the simply use the class of the first object. When the extrude gets ungrouped VW should use the 2D class and reaply to the extrudes.