Basic Tool Pallet and Tool Set Bar always resizing

mlance

Question

10 answers to this question

Ah, perfect timing - I just saw your posts above.

I experience a slightly different problem with the tool pallets.

When enlarging a floating tool palette for example the Object Info Palette or Visualisation Palette which are resized to the minimum with a "-" / minus to it, they:

A - don't accept the change to "+" / Plus to enlarge 

B - once enlarged they don't accept the change to "-" / Minus to resize

Only when clicking on these for a minimum of 2-3 times they tend to respond. 

Also at times some tool palette kind of 'disappear'.

Meaning for example the Attribute Palette is sitting in the dock but is EMPTY.

So I have to restart the VW program and it shows up again.

Any ideas if this is riding on the same bug you mentioned ?

Cheers,

Grethe

Edit Post

Forgot to mention that when you try to resize a tool palette and it shows the '-' / Minus, it still sits there as if it had no change to it and won't bounce up.

Edited by Grethe Connerth

I was having this problem but it seems to have resolved itself with a complete uninstall and reinstall of VW2018 and SP-3. 

My problem with the pallettes was that two of them would not remember their location and the show up as resized floating palettes.  Others palettes would change width/size.  Not sure if this is the same issue.

For me it is just the tool sets which I have docked in the lower left corner with the basic palette above. They always resize every time I start VW. They don't respond to adjusting easily either. I also have a weird tool set jagged 'tear' shape lingering over this area almost all the time. Like a remnant of a tool set palette that didn't want to go away.

Are these custom workspaces that were migrated from previous versions?

Today a friend told me how every time she opens Vectorworks her palettes are undocked, resized, and generally buggy. She has to turn each one off via Windows<Palettes, then turn them back on, redock, and resize. (She showed me, and it's definitely buggy.)

Obviously this shouldn't be happening, but also her workspace originated in V2011 or older... I'm guessing that might be a factor? I suggested to her it may be time to rebuild her custom workspace from scratch.

• Like 1