Is reseach search powered by Google?

So it's summer in Australia the last thing anyone here would be thinking about is Hydronic heating.

Well except me who searched Vectorworks Resources Library from with in the app to find radiator and fireplace symbols for a farm house renovation.

Even found what I was looking for without a web search.

Now I'm seeing ads everywhere on the web for Hydronic Heating. Just coincidence?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not as far as I know, I'll check however. I would be stunned if that was the case, as there are a lot of security concerns for things like that among our government contract clients etc.

Thought to be perfectly honest I've had days where I was just talking about a topic with my smartphone on the table, and the next few days were loaded with ads related to it. Tech tries to be helpful but it can feel a bit stalker-ish.

This website does use Google Analytics, so if you don't clear your browser cache and then visit another website that also uses Google then I can imagine there might be some "cross-contamination" of the information in case Google Analytics also keeps track of search phrases on the VW website/forum.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have confirmed that the search we use in the resource manager does not touch Google.

However this:

9 minutes ago, Art V said:

This website does use Google Analytics, so if you don't clear your browser cache and then visit another website that also uses Google then I can imagine there might be some "cross-contamination" of the information in case Google Analytics also keeps track of search phrases on the VW website/forum.

is correct. Almost all (if not simply all) Vectorworks public facing websites use Google Analytics. But even without Analytics, your browser cookies can provide this kind information to other sites as well if they are not cleared as mentioned above or if you do not use a browser set to "Incognito" mode or something similar.

One could set the browser to automatically clear cookies when closing the browser (it is what I have set it to do to avoid automatic (re)logins or other conveniences, articles of interest that I'm not really interested in etc.) and that should take care of it most of the time.

Interesting is that I was not able to (re)activate my VW 2015 License on my

Holiday Machine as long as little snitch blocked Google Analytics.

And as I have several Add Blockers here and Browser Notification off,

I am no more able to receive eMail Notifications from this Forum for

Topics I subscribed to (!?)

But strangely I do still get notifications If someone mentioned me (?)