Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Custom Dialog Box In Marionette Menu Script

Hi

Is it possible to have a Marionette script that pops-up a custom dialog box so I can get input for running a script. I can't really use the OIP as I need to select a the objects, get input, then assign data to the objects. 

I have attached a few screen shots, The no color or the starting point, the color is the ending point and the last one is the different patterns used to connect everything togehter.

The main object is a symbol and the colors are rectangles (I wish a symbol created on none class would inherit that attributes of the class it is on). The arrows attachement are the different way of connecting things together.

So I would like to be able to draw the main screen, highlight a section and run a marionette script via a menu command that will add color, arrows and update records. I think I can manage all of those elements, however to work I need to input 4-5 bit of data. For example, the Processor number, port number, starting ID number and the arrow connecting pattern (also a few other details that attach to a record used for reporting).

How much of this can be done with a native Marionette script vs a custom node. I don't see an easy way for the patterns in native Marionette and suspect this portion will need to be a script. 

Thanks!

Martin

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 3.34.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 3.35.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 3.35.31 PM.png

• 3 months later...