Creating objects from 3D Polygons

tjdarr

Question

I am using VW 2018 and in earlier versions I was able to create solid objects from a closed set of 3D polygons (all polygons share edges and vertices) by selecting all and using the "Add Solid" tool. This procedure no longer seems to work in 2018. Am I missing something?

Thanks - 

4 answers to this question

19 hours ago, tjdarr said:

I am using VW 2018 and in earlier versions I was able to create solid objects from a closed set of 3D polygons (all polygons share edges and vertices) by selecting all and using the "Add Solid" tool. This procedure no longer seems to work in 2018. Am I missing something?

Thanks - 

I'm not sure this method actually made a solid. Whenever I tried it the resulting object was still a hollow shell and would show as such in a section.

9 minutes ago, zoomer said:

This should work by Stitch and Trim Surfaces in the Model > 3D Power Pack > ... Menu.

^ this is a good solution. Note I think you have to convert your polygons to NURBS surfaces first (Modify>Convert>Convert to NURBS).

Kevin