viewport class control

TKA

Question

8 answers to this question

You could use the organization panel for this, set it to visbilities and on the viewport tab you can select multiple viewports to change visibilities of classes and layers.
With a prefix in the viewport name you can keep them together (or just use the automatic suffix when duplicating viewports)

Unless you are talking about hierarchical display of viewports.

Actually what I meant is that in navigation or organization palette you have a title arrow controlling classes with a prefix, but that tool is not available in  the viewport info box/classes. What I would be using it for is for instance: I have a plan containing info for all the trades, once I have viewport set and organized I duplicate it for each trade, after that I can turn off or on all pertaining to electricity and grey out interior finishes and turn off plumbing et....  Now in each viewport I have to click and click 20-30 times to set it right, if had the same control as in navigation or organization palette it would take 3-4 click at most.  Now if you have a dozen or so of such plans containing 4-6 viewports suddenly its a bit work. By the way I use prefix for all classes except None and Dimensions

Hey TKA. Yes that is the "hierarchical" display mentioned as attached screenshot:

In addition to the viewport class visibilities dialogue it would also be great to see hierarchical display used in the "new class" dialogue. Currently I have to scroll down through dozens and dozens of template file classes to find the one I want to import. This would be a lot quicker if an option to show in hierarchical display was provided.

Btw there was a recent post about setting up viewport templates and using the eyedropper tool to transfer visibilities from one viewport to another:

Capture.JPG

thanks, actually I have used the eyedropper for that purpose sometimes, but then you have to still have to set up "original" viewports (I supposed that can be done as office template though projects are not identical dot for dot) and then there is "clicks" needed to set up eyedropper for the viewport attributes and back to whatever the standard use is.  I was thinking that if the feature is available in navigation then it would be simple to incorporate it in viewport set up - its not really a new feature from scratch.