Fast interior render VS accurate interior render

zeno

Hello everyone

I started yesterday a new work, and for now I'm trying new views in very very low resolution.

But

It is possibile to have too many differences between a fast and accurate rendtrworks style for internal view? They are the 2 default render style's system.

Exept for quality, the only big difference is the rebounds

Thank you all

Schermata 2018-02-05 alle 14.55.59.png

Schermata 2018-02-05 alle 14.55.53.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Zeno:

You should only use styles that have Indirect Lighting set to Interior, for this kind of scene.  Turning off indirect lighting to only see direct lighting (if that is what the top image is using for a setting) can be used as a diagnostic.  It looks like this scene doesn't have any significant light sources in it, I'm guessing some textures are set to use Glow like behind the panels on the right wall?  Glow only shows when indirect lighting is not None, so that can account for the differences between these two images.

If the lighting splotches don't get better with higher Indirect Lighting quality settings I would look into making sure the lights and/or glow surfaces have some separation from their neighboring objects.

13 minutes ago, Dave Donley said:

Hello Zeno:

You should only use styles that have Indirect Lighting set to Interior, for this kind of scene. 

In fact, fast interior render default style has only 4 rebounds. Indirect lightning is too important, I mean, for give a realistic interior scene. Yes: some texture are set to Glow, but for the moment I turned off the background, replace it with 2 big photos-texture with retro-illumination set to 20% and increase some glow power in the scene. The result is better for now (the resolution is very low, I'm in a trying phase, maybe I will post later or tomorrow the final results)

Schermata_2018-02-05_alle_19_07_58.png

Schermata_2018-02-05_alle_19_10_45.png