VW2017 Freezing computer completely

Cris with no H

Question

I have a brand-new iMac Pro at work.  We migrated everything from my old machine to the new.  I deleted all copies of Vectorworks and reinstalled from the latest releases fresh.  VW2018 is working just fine, but VW2017 cannot seem to interact with the Finder, or whatever controls file opening processes.  If I try to open a file, the program and the whole machine freezes completely.  If by a miracle I get a file open (by dragging a file from the Finder to the application icon in the Dock), then I'm faced with being unable to even browse for resources in another file.  (I'm assuming such action means the program is trying to open the file behind the scenes before it can display its resources -- hence my suspicion of VW/Finder interaction problem.)

I have run Onyx and fixed permissions.   Saving a file, once I'm in and have made changes, goes smoothly.  Backups happen smoothly.  It appears to be the reading of files that's scrambling the program's brains.

Does anybody have a cue what is happening and how to fix it?

Cris Dopher

CAD Administrator

George P Johnson, Inc

Edited by Cris Dopher

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet