Resource Manager not staying on second screen

Pat Stanford

Question

I think I have seen this asked before, but I could not find it.

I have started trying to use the Resource Manager on a second screen and it won't stay. Everything I switch to a different program and back to VW2018 the RM window jumps back to the screen with the drawing and other palettes on it.

I have a MacBook Pro (2014) running an external 27" Cinema Display.  Drawing window is not in full screen mode, but is set to take up nearly all of the Cinema Display. I am trying to use the RM on the MBP internal display.  VW2018, OS X 10.11.6, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, 16GB RAM

Any suggestions?

6 answers to this question

Pat I'm not seeing this.  I have a 2017 MBP and an ever-changing variety of external monitors.  The RM always stays where I leave it.

I do see a weird thing where all dialog boxes and alerts show up on the laptop screen, even if the main screen is the external, until I move them over.  The new location is remembered until VW is restarted.

What operating system and version of VW are you using? For future help, if you put that information in your signature, we can often answer faster.

If you unplug a monitor so you only have one does the resource manager reappear?

If you change your screen resolution to something small (1024x768, 720p, etc.) does that force the RM to the screen?