Wesley Burrows

2018 SP2 CRASHES DURING DWG EXPORT

Question

Has anyone else run into this?    Happens everytime.   Isn't file specific (happens across different ones)  and if I save the VW file as VW2017 and export with 2017 it works just fine.    

11 answers to this question

Hello Wesley,

Would you, please, attach an example DWG so that we can investigate?

Thank you,

Nina

1 hour ago, Nina Ivanova said:

Hello Wesley,

Would you, please, attach an example DWG so that we can investigate?

Thank you,

Nina

Attached is a fresh DWG (just received this morning) imported into a blank drawing.      Crashes everytime I try to export a DWG.   

Venue_1.vwx

Thank you, Wesley!

Yes, this is a known problem for SP2, which is already fixed for SP3. It appeared after some restrictions done in the third party library, which we use for reading and writing DWG files. We had to adapt our code to follow the same restrictions. This problem appeared in a very special case - export of negatively scaled symbol instances with attached to the symdef record format - which usually happens when you have an imported DWG. 

There are 3 such symbols in your document - 01PSBB01, 01PSBD01 and 01P054. Detaching record format from mentioned symdefs fixes the problem (and there is no loss of data after export to DWG - see images).

image.thumb.png.94800e85a81bc281aadbd79f92d947d2.png

image.thumb.png.aac47550dbee15fc5348bfd629c2c7c2.png

Thank you for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.

Nina

Venue_1.vwx

6 hours ago, Nina Ivanova said:

Thank you, Wesley!

Yes, this is a known problem for SP2, which is already fixed for SP3. It appeared after some restrictions done in the third party library, which we use for reading and writing DWG files. We had to adapt our code to follow the same restrictions. This problem appeared in a very special case - export of negatively scaled symbol instances with attached to the symdef record format - which usually happens when you have an imported DWG. 

There are 3 such symbols in your document - 01PSBB01, 01PSBD01 and 01P054. Detaching record format from mentioned symdefs fixes the problem (and there is no loss of data after export to DWG - see images).

image.thumb.png.94800e85a81bc281aadbd79f92d947d2.png

image.thumb.png.aac47550dbee15fc5348bfd629c2c7c2.png

Thank you for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.

Nina

Venue_1.vwx

Thank you for the info!

is there anyway to search the drawing to find negatively scaled symbol instances?

Tparabia, Shrunken Ned,

You can do the following in order to be able to export your documents to DWG - as a temp workaround until you get the SP3 version where the problem is fixed:

Save your document as a new one, just for the export purposes. Create a new resource of type Script. Copy the script from the attached txt file inside the opened Script Editor window, compile and run it (be sure to have Language set to VectorScript). It will detach all the records from the negatively scaled symbol instances and corresponding symbol definitions. 

If you still see a crash even after you have run the script, then, please, send the original document to me.

Best Regards,

Nina

DetachRecordsFromNegScaledSym-updated.txt

I'm having problems with VW2018 publishing DWG's.  I've had to convert a full project back to VW2017 just so I can export to DWG.  Every drawing I've tried to export crashes.  VW2018 is just unusable in this state.  Does anyone know when SP3 is being released?

On 3/10/2018 at 12:16 AM, Shrunken Ned said:

It did still crash VW. Sent you VWX file through PM

Problematic negatively scaled symbols with attached records, placed inside other symbols, were not fixed. Fixed version of the document was sent via PM.

Updated VectorScript can be found in my previous post.