Report giving wrong coordinates from a stake object

dominijk

Originally i was trying to get long and lat coordinates from a stake object, which you can get the stake object to show but this information doesnt appear in any of the fields when you build a report. 

In place i can use a northing and easting coordinate in metres, which should be simple. However although (as screen shot) the stake shows the right xy position and the object info palette tells me this is where it is located within the document coordinates when i run the report (plot 44 on screen grab) the coordinate i get using formula =Xcoordinate is a different number, what's happening to cause this? 

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 08.55.43.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 10.00.09.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 09.58.27.png

Edited by dominijk
calrification

You are working in a rotated plan view. The XCoordinate and YCoordinate functions return the position of the point relative to the User Origin, not the absolute position of the object in "world" space.

If you unrotated the view and update the worksheet it should give you the proper values.

I don't know of a way to get the "world coordinate" easily into a worksheet, but it might be possible to create a worksheet script that could do so. Unfortunately I probably won't have time to work on that for at least a couple of weeks. If that would be interesting to you, please remind me the middle of February and I will see what I can do.