Date in Title Block

In the new 2018 title block where you can do the various dropdowns is there one that will just always put in the current date at open/save/publish or something to that effect?  I am hoping to have one that will just always be filled in with the current date that the item is created.  Since my primary output is pdf either via export or publish I am thinking if there was a field that auto regenerated at publish that would be ideal, but it looks like most are just empty field containers.

Thanks,

Matt

I am not super worried about my workflow.  What I do is a lot different than architectural stuff.  We get constant drawing changes for events and I find that I generally do not go with revisions or issues because things change so frequently.  What I generally go with is anytime we open a file and start making changes I change the suffix on the file name to the current date.  So "Client - Project Name - Year - Current Date (yyyy-mm-dd)" if that makes sense.  

So with what you mention yes the dates on there would be new, but we are also working on a file where the last used date is in there.  

For my purposes, I know, and this happens constantly, where a guy may come on site with a drawing that was printed a month ago which is a dozen revisions ago.  I don't necessarily have to know to change the revision I can just look at the "date" on the drawing to know when it was generated. 

Open to other thoughts, but for me, that seems to make the most sense.

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2018 at 7:57 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello Matt,

You could use the Current Plot Date in Sheet Data for this. Make sure you have set the Plot Date format to Auto and on publish of pdf check Reset All Plugins in order to get the date updated.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi Nikolay

Where is the "Plot Date format to Auto and on publish of pdf check Reset All Plugins" please?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
18 hours ago, Andrew Davies said:

Hi Nikolay

Where is the "Plot Date format to Auto and on publish of pdf check Reset All Plugins" please?

- Plot Data Format is in Title Block Border Settings dialog, Sheet Data Pane, Current Plot Date field has the Plot Date Format popup - select one of the Auto options there

- Then, go to File->Publish, Select the Sheet Layer with the TBB for publishing by moving in on the right side of the list with PDF checked in the popup below the left list. Then, select the PDF items on the right list and click on Options... button, which will give you the Export PDF options dialog. In this dialog you have a checkbox for Reset All Plugins on export. You should check this checkbox.

If these steps are not clear, I could make a screen recording showing you the steps.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1