Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Editing include files

DCarpenter

How do I edit my include file (*.px) that I created to be inserted into other scripts that I'm writing?  Once I create a *.px file it's not even listed as a script for me to edit anymore within VW.  When I go out of VW and use the Script Editor (mac) it tells me that it's not recognized as a file that can be read.  Are there any Do's and Dont's that I missed?

The baby brother of BBEdit, TextWrangler, is free and has all the bells and whistles for coding python and vectorscript that BBEdit has.  There are any number of us, that find TextWrangler/BBEdit INDISPENSABLE when coding in VW. TextWrangler is truly an amazing and feature loaded text editor that VS let alone Text Editor cannot touch.  In my old age, if BBEdit/TextWrangler were not available, I would stop coding.  There may be something similar on Windows platforms, but I wouldn't know.

BTW, if you want to invoke running a script from a text file, ".px" files will not be recognized as files you can select.  Very irritating.

Sam

Developer of AutoPlot Tools for SpotLight, and Chain Hoist Tools

Actually, TextWrangler has been dropped. It has been replaced by a 30 day full function demo of BBEdit. After the 30 days the functions beyond (basically) what were in TextWrangler stop working unless/until you purchase the full BBEdit.

You can get the same basic functionality for the same cost (FREE), but in a slightly different format.