Creating Symbols Deletes Objects

DylanW

Working on a site design with an existing tree object and an extruded circle. Whenever I attempt to make a symbol out of these two objects, the circle disappears. Checked class visibilities, and that doesn't seem to be an issue. Ideas on why this is happening?

Using VWX 2017

I know you said you don't think it is a class issue, but just to be sure:

What class(es) are the Tree and the Extrude in? What is you active Class when you create the symbol? What are your Class Options?

Actually after I types the above, a different option occurred to me:  The Tree is a Hybrid Object meaning is has both a 2D and a 3D representation. The Extrude is a pure 3D object with no 2D. So if you are in Top/Plan after you create the symbol, only the tree will be visible. Switch to a 3D view (anything other than Top/Plan) and you should see both.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I know you said you don't think it is a class issue, but just to be sure:

What class(es) are the Tree and the Extrude in? What is you active Class when you create the symbol? What are your Class Options?

Actually after I types the above, a different option occurred to me:  The Tree is a Hybrid Object meaning is has both a 2D and a 3D representation. The Extrude is a pure 3D object with no 2D. So if you are in Top/Plan after you create the symbol, only the tree will be visible. Switch to a 3D view (anything other than Top/Plan) and you should see both.

Both the extrude and the tree are in my "Plaza" class- which is the active class.

But you are totally right about the visibility due to the tree being hybrid. Didn't work earlier when I tried it, but when I did it just now it worked fine- I was trying to troubleshoot earlier, so I must've messed something up while trying to do that. Thanks!