Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Batch selection of all elements in a class

Martin

Hi all. I'm wondering if there is a simple vector script that will allow me to batch select everything in a file (on a layer) with the same class.

I know that this can be done manually using the 'Custom Selection' command from the menus.

In a perfect world, this would be a script that would then allow me to choose the class after making the command.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Martin

I don't know about a script but why not just use the magic wand tool (otherwise known as the"Select Similar Tool")? Adjust the tool settings to select by class then choose an item on the class you want and it will select all other selectable objects on the same class.

Edited by Boh
3 hours ago, Martin said:

Hi all. I'm wondering if there is a simple vector script that will allow me to batch select everything in a file (on a layer) with the same class.

I know that this can be done manually using the 'Custom Selection' command from the menus.

In a perfect world, this would be a script that would then allow me to choose the class after making the command.

Thanks in advance!

Custom Selection has options to allow you to create a script you can use over again. It does not run the script once its created however. You would need to do this manually by double clicking on the script in the script palette that appears. Maybe give us more details if you're looking for something more than that.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister