Cinema 4d export question

Will

Sorry this is a really stupid question, but I'm using the trial version of cinema 4d.I have a simple model centered on the drawing origin in vectorworks and when I use the send to cinema 4d command, the viewport in cinema 4d is blank.But there is something there as clicking render view displays a rendered view of my geometry. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the exported geometry show up in a wireframe or openGL view in the viewport in C4D. Iv'e made sure everything has the display tag and has visible in editor turned on. Is this expected behaviour when exporting to C4D? In the youtube videos people hit send to c4d and it just shows up but this doesn't seem to work for me... Attached are two screen shots one showing the rendered view and one showing the exact same view before rendering.

Screen_Shot_2018-01-30_at_16_46_18.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 16.47.43.png

Edited by Will
Added screen shots

Vectorworks saves the C4D file.

But when you use C4D Exchange, it will be deeply hidden in a cache folder.

So you could also use standard Export to C4D command,

which allows to save at a discrete location.

And you can also check if that would produce another result when you

open that exported C4D file, but that is very unlikely.

Right... Well thats weird. I used send to c4d command again with default settings exactly as I did the last 3 times and its worked fine this time. The only thing I can think of thats different is when I used the command I'm in a model layer not sheet layer and I already had c4d open. Thanks for your help, sorry to time waste...