Pdf files generated from Cloud services

Thor Walter Andersen

Question

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

The PDF should theoretically process the same using both methods. Are you using VW on a Mac? The cloud machines are PCs so perhaps its a platform specific bug.

Kevin

I'm using PC, Windows 10.

When i publish I get the option of rasterizing the pdf. On the cloud homepage I can't find this option under the prferences tab. Can this be the problem?

Pdf preferences from cloud homepage.PNG

Pdf setting from publish command.PNG

7 minutes ago, Art V said:

Assuming Kevin is right that it should process the same then the cloud route as you are using it doesn't support PNG transparency or it is a bug. I'd contact support to ask if there are differences in PDF generation that could cause this or that it is a bug.

OK. Thankyou. I wonder if other users have experienced the same problem?
As long as the publishing option works I have a solution, but it would be nice to be able to use the the other autoprocessing as well.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 1/27/2018 at 11:40 AM, Thor Walter Andersen said:

When I publish pdf files to cloud services transparent png images process correctly.
When I generate a pdf from the vw file uploaded to cloud I get this result.
What settings do I need to use to avoid this?

Hello,

Please send me a test file with such image (either post here or email it to me directly at inikolova@vectorworks.net) and I can investigate whether it is a bug or a setting that is available with Publish, but not available with the automatic PDF generation.

When you use “Generate PDF”, there are a limited set of options that are available to the user to customize, as you posted in your screenshot. When you Publish to the cloud, the cloud server respects the PDF export settings that you set on your local Vectorworks, so that gives you the full flexibility. That is the reason we are not providing all possible settings for the automatic Generate PDF option. If a particular setting is very important for your workflow, and you would prefer to use the automatic Generate PDF option instead of Publishing, I would be glad to file an improvement request for us to consider for implementation in the future. 

Regards,

Iskra Nikolova