Arky

Add fields to title block

Question

I am modifying from a standard title block to match my old title. However, I can't figure out how to add a new field to the title block. 

2 answers to this question

You need to add a field to the Titleblock record first. Select a Title Block Border and choose Edit Style from the Style dropdown. Go to the Project Data or Sheet Data pane and add a field using the Add button. Once its added, go to the Title Block pane and press the Edit Title Block Layout button. The easiest option here would be to drag copy an existing text object (note they are now labelled Text in Title Block) and change it Link Value to associate it with one of the new fields you created. Alternately you could create a new Text in Title Block object and use Link Value to associate it.

Kevin

2 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

You need to add a field to the Titleblock record first. Select a Title Block Border and choose Edit Style from the Style dropdown. Go to the Project Data or Sheet Data pane and add a field using the Add button. Once its added, go to the Title Block pane and press the Edit Title Block Layout button. The easiest option here would be to drag copy an existing text object (note they are now labelled Text in Title Block) and change it Link Value to associate it with one of the new fields you created. Alternately you could create a new Text in Title Block object and use Link Value to associate it.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin for your response. That's exactly what I was looking for. Wish VW would make the editing simpler.