Custom title block with automatic updates

Hi,

I am new to Vectorworks and before this i did work with inventor, Creo and so.

In these program, was it possible to create a default title block, that got its informations from the part, such as name, number, scale. It was also possible to do, so when the title block was updated it automatic updated the date.

I have tried to follow a lot of tutorials and guides, and I did succeed with creating a title block, but I have to type in everything, on every sheet.

So my question is:

1: Is it possible to create a title block that goes on a sheet layer, that gets its information from the viewport from the design layer? So when I do some work on a design layer and make a viewport for a sheet layer, the informations from the design layer follow to the title block on the sheet layer.

2: Is it possible to do that, when i create a new sheet layer, will my title block automatic inserted in the ned layer?  

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Mike,

1: If I did understand you correctly, you could try putting the Title Block Border on the Design Layer and then create viewport of the layer. After that, when you update the Title Block on the Design Layer and go on the Sheet Layer, where the viewport is inserted, you could click on the viewport and the update button to display the actual infromation of the Title Block Border shown in that viewport.

2: You could duplicate Sheet Layer with Title Block Border in it and that way create another Sheet Layer with Title Block Border in it. I do not know of any other way to do that.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

This is not exactly what i am seeking.

I would like to have a pop-up box (Or similar) when i starting a new dokument where I can type in Name, adresse, company ect. And these information, will be used to fill out all tittle blocks in this document. So if i change the name on the parameter, the name will change on all the sheet layers.

I can not put the tittle block on the design layer, because I use multiple layers in my sheets, and some are used in more than one sheet layer

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Mike,

I think that Project Data is what you are looking for. Project Data in the Title Block Border object is the same for all Title Block Borders in the same file. If you change/add/delete any value from the Project Data it will be changed/added/deleted from all Title Block Borders in the document. If you, however, do not want to use Project Data to achieve this, you could use Sheet Data by making the field you want to be the same for the whole document 'By Style' and then use this style for all Title Block Border objects in the document.

Let me know if this is getting the job done for you,

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

On 2018-01-26 at 1:41 AM, Mikedk64 said:

1: Is it possible to create a title block that goes on a sheet layer, that gets its information from the viewport from the design layer? So when I do some work on a design layer and make a viewport for a sheet layer, the informations from the design layer follow to the title block on the sheet layer.

In VW the title block is associated with a sheet layer, not a sheet layer viewport since sheets can have multiple viewports, so information like viewport scale and name aren't linked to the title block. Some of this information is linked to the Drawing Label inserted by the Drawing Label Tool.

On 2018-01-26 at 1:41 AM, Mikedk64 said:

2: Is it possible to do that, when i create a new sheet layer, will my title block automatic inserted in the ned layer?  

I keep a template sheet layer of each type in my template file. When I need a new sheet I duplicate the template sheet layer and update the information.

VW drawing coordination isn't a developed as in some other software.

Kevin