Jim Wilson

Vectorworks Design Summit - 2018

Also! The Design Summit app is up on both the app stores:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobile.appDZV6GWZo6I

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vectorworks-design-summit/id1437834624?mt=8

It has the full schedule and you can reserve a place in the various sessions. Definitely worth doing ahead of time as some of the sessions with hands on training are filling up already. We also announce things through it as well, so it's worth leaving it installed and leaving it's notifications active until you head home.

• Like 1

You can also use the app to set up appointments with the "Geeks" for some one-on-one tech support. I'll be sharing the room with them helping out with Marionette questions.

@JimWilson For those of us who can’t attend, will we be able to see your lectures online?

1 minute ago, markdd said:

@JimWilson For those of us who can’t attend, will we be able to see your lectures online?

They ARE indeed ALL being recorded this year as an integrated part of the A/V system, but I am not sure where/how they will be hosted. If I had to guess it would be that they would at least at first go on the Service Select portal.

• Like 4

Looking forward to meeting you all. Will be my first time your side of the pond… 

The app is a good way of introducing attendees & finding your way during the event. Thanks again for adding the Lunch & Learn on Tuesday!

Little over halfway! Anyone else closing in as well?

Screenshot_20181103-110721_Chrome.jpg

Awesome location for a summit! Arrived yesterday evening after a long but smooth flight from Amsterdam. Hope to have adapted to the -9 timezone by tomorrow. 

• Like 3

My boss @JuanP shares some details on the upcoming LMS (Learning Management System) which will be the new home of all our training, in addition to introducing a Certification program for the various Vectorworks specialties!

20181105_093948.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

530+ attendees! New record.

How utterly terrifying!

Engineering (Ian Lane) shares something a little... Dark we have planned. And more.

20181105_094653.jpg

• Like 1

@Dave Donley shares some details on Linked Panoramas, which will allow you to package a number of panoramic exports into a single experience to deliver to clients and prospects:

20181105_095431.jpg

14 minutes ago, markdd said:

How utterly terrifying!

Fortunately I'm too full of coffee to feel nervous!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

My boss @JuanP shares some details on the upcoming LMS (Learning Management System) which will be the new home of all our training, in addition to introducing a Certification program for the various Vectorworks specialties!

20181105_093948.jpg

This is just SO freaking awesome!!

Can’t wait to have it used by my students. Will there be an option to select subtitles to the video’s rather than translation voice overs?

26 minutes ago, Jan-Burger TROOST said:

This is just SO freaking awesome!!

Can’t wait to have it used by my students. Will there be an option to select subtitles to the video’s rather than translation voice overs?

No idea how we are handling the recordings yet, but I know that for non-attwndees it may be awhile before they go live.

I would suspect the keynote to come out first though, and soon. Odds are it'll just have auto subs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Wilson said:

No idea how we are handling the recordings yet, but I know that for non-attwndees it may be awhile before they go live.

I would suspect the keynote to come out first though, and soon. Odds are it'll just have auto subs.

Actually I ment the instruction videos in the LMS… 😉

Any I make will just be in English, I unfortunately only speak English and Bad English. I don't know if multilingual support will go live right when it launches or if it will come later.