X-refing viewports

THe viewport cannot be workgroup referenced, but the design layer containing the objects in the viewport can be workgroup referenced.

Currently, workgroup referencing is only designed to work with Design Layers.

Katie,

Thanks for your reply. Based upon what you've said, it doesn't make sense to annotate viewports because text, dimensions, etc. would be "left behind" when referencing only the design layer - hence, the annotation feature of viewports is not so useful. Also, if source material on a design layer to be displayed in a viewport is at a different scale than the intended scale set for the viewport, this is not of much use for workgroup referencing purposes either. Please let me know if I am wrong in these conclusions. As usual, thanks very much for your help and insight into all our questions.

Bill Carter

HKTA/architects

Whether it's useful or not is up to the individual user and unique situations. In your one specific case, the function of annotations and design layer scale vs sheet layer scale may not be applicable for what you do.

I'll be sure to add your requests to the wish list.

There are a number of people that don't workgroup reference and viewports, along with the functions of them for demonstration and printing purposes, is the best thing about VW 11.