Annotated viewport loses symbol count

I use a worksheet to count electrical symbols (light fixtures, receptacles, etc.). If I place these symbols as annotations of a viewport, the worksheet does not track these symbols which makes my Electrical Schedule (worksheet) inaccurate. This means that I have to use a design layer for these symbols when I would rather place them on a sheet layer along with other annotations of a viewport.

Is there a way to have worksheets track symbols as annotations of a viewport?

Currently, the worksheets only find the information on the design layers. If you need the information to be displayed in the worksheets, then they will need to be created on a design layer.

Thanks for responding. I hope that future updates will allow for finding symbols or other "data" in annotations of viewports because I have also just found that my Room Finish Schedule has lost all of its info because I have moved the "Room Names" to the annotations of Floor Plan viewports. Now, I have to go back and create "sheets" for text and other 2 dimensional symbols and plug-ins which I do not wish to place on 3 dimensional model layers. My layer count has now "increased" by about 33% compared to previous versions of VectorWorks and the "annotation" capability of viewports is essentially worthless because I do not wish to have text for one drawing on 2 different layers.

• 13 years later...