DLVP cutoff in 3D Flyover

9 hours ago, Boh said:

I had the exact same problem but then noticed how the 3D view was being clipped on my screen in the same place as the viewport crop was when viewing the model in top/plan. Deleting the crop object solved it.

@Boh, that's exactly what it was. Frustrating the crop does not translate in 3D view.

@zoomer My DLVP is referencing an external VW file, which will be frequently updated with the event ground plan. It would be very time consuming to reimport the geometry everytime I receive an update.

I haven't (yet) come across major problems with DLVP's or even referenced DLVP's but have used them in the following ways:

1. Using a DLVP of a floor plan as a reference for drawing 2D elevations of walls. In this case I would crop the DLVP to the area of the plan I am interested in.
  2. Multistorey buildings where there are identical floor layouts. I.e I have one "master" design layer where the floor layout is modeled and then a bunch of other design layers at different z heights with DLVP's of the "master" layout. I prefer this to using symbols as I've found walls in symbols can be difficult for 3d work. This works well for quick 3-D work in earlier stages of projects. Later stages typically require different floors be customised.
  3. If I have a large site with multiple building projects I will create a "General Site Plan" file. Each building project will have it's own file with a DLVP referencing the General Site Plan for site info. This way updates to the site info will update to each project file.

As 2 & 3 are 3d work I don't crop the DLVP for the reason raised by @cwinterLD in this post.

DLVP is a huge tool for spotlight lighting workflow. One of the better ways to handle the vertical lighting position conundrum IMO.

It is a big bummer it is as buggy as it is.

This issue with DLVP crop always stuck on the "screen plane" as it were, has frustrated me for ages. I really wish it was possible to apply a 3d crop to DLVP, a la clip cube style.