Clip Tool in V11

Has anyone had trouble with the Clip Surface Command in V11?? I am getting some weird results where I go to clip and the clipping object does not clip but becomes part of the object to be clipped. I can move the clipping object away and the outline of it will still be attached to the object to be clipped and cannot be removed.

I also notice my menu bar blinking when I go to open some files and I tried to use the Clip Tool, using the marquee and it does not work. A

Are there any current updates I am missing?? I have only been using V11 for two months after coming off of V8.5.2 for years.

BTW, where did the Extend Tool go for entending lines to boundry objects?? I have had this for years and now in the new and improved version it's gone.

Thanks

Katie,

I am currently running Windows XP. I just noticed again this afternoon when I went to delete a few items the menu bar was blinking and the part was on the screen for a few seconds, vs. an instant delete which even my VW8.5.2 accomplishes.

I mentioned the 'blinking' above and it appears to be erratic. I removed and re-installed VW 11 and I still get the same thing. I had some more 'clip' issues this morning as indicated above, but not all the time.

Another thing that I noticed today was a glitch with the 'Fillet' tool. I drew a rectangle 1.50" high x 3.00" long. I wanted to 'bullnose' the 1.50 end using the fillet tool and setting it for a .750 radius and just filleting both corners. One corner worked fine and it would not let me fillet the opposite corner. I got the infamous' Two or more unlocked objects....'prompt. I finally had to re-enter another value, in this case .7495 in order for the fillet to work. I tried the exact same moves on VW 8.5.2 with all settings and preferences the same and it works OK everytime.

Has anyone else experienced this problem??

Thanks

Right after you sent the email, several of our PC computers went down and thus needed to be reformatted. I don't have any emails from before today at 9:30 am.

Can you please resend the file?

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Katie,

Would you please explain to the forum what you told me about the the 'sizing' of clipping objects for the clip function to work properly. I have been through the manual and see no mention of it whatsoever. I have tried all afternoon to re create the scenario using V8.5.2 and I cannot duplicate what I am calling a 'bug' with the V11.0 Clip Tool which also affects the fillet tool when doing a full radius.

Thanks,

Tom