Jim2489

Focusing lights

11 posts in this topic

I was under the belief that if you set a focus point in VW and focused standard fixtures on it, sent it to Vision, when you brought up the fixture it would be focused on that spot. I can't get it to work. Am I mistaken in this??

Edited by Jim2489

You're correct on what the behavior should be, fixtures should export to vision in the same orientation as you sent them in.

Which version of Vision are you using?

2018 in both VW and Vision

Found the problem - there was a curtain in the drawing the set designer sent me that wasn't showing as active on any layer. I deleted all the layers except lighting and it works!!

but another one popped up. I set the colors of the instruments in VW to R80 - but they are not blue in Vision?? they are NC - new to this vision thing

I believe you have to edit the fixture and set color wheel slot 2 to the color that you'd like to show in Vision.

I can't give you exact reasons why though.

these are ETC S4 LED Lustrs - in the OI palette there is only one option to set color and it is set at  R80. I checked edit light palette and still only one color option.

fixture mode in the OI is correct

Baffled - maybe a call to vision tech support isi n order

the issue is LED instruments cannot have color set in VW you need to open Nomad and DMX the color

Edited by Jim2489

Yep! LED instruments have their color set by DMX, you can't add a gel to an LED and Vision is aware of that. Well....I suppose you could tape one to the front of an LED fixture, but im not 100% sure how that would work out lol.

1 hour ago, Edward Joseph said:

Yep! LED instruments have their color set by DMX, you can't add a gel to an LED and Vision is aware of that. Well....I suppose you could tape one to the front of an LED fixture, but im not 100% sure how that would work out lol.

Would make for some interesting color combos depending on what you had the LED set to and what gel color you had on there, but probably some muddy ICK color.