Video Screen Tool Insertion

Good Afternoon Team,

I am having a hard time with the new Video Screen Tool in 2018. We make a few minor adjustments to the tool as far as adding custom projectors and limiting the screen size options to sizes we own. I have an issue whereby when I double click the tool in the tool sets, it immediately places a screen and projector in the drawing at 0,0 It then gives me the dialogue box to select the parameters I want and I can then place that new one. My issue is why would it immediately insert a video screen at the mere selection of the tool, this is a change from 2017 and I fear its not intentional. Has anyone else come across this and is there a way to toggle this? Thank you so much!

9 hours ago, Haydenovative said:

Good Afternoon Team,

I am having a hard time with the new Video Screen Tool in 2018. We make a few minor adjustments to the tool as far as adding custom projectors and limiting the screen size options to sizes we own. I have an issue whereby when I double click the tool in the tool sets, it immediately places a screen and projector in the drawing at 0,0 It then gives me the dialogue box to select the parameters I want and I can then place that new one. My issue is why would it immediately insert a video screen at the mere selection of the tool, this is a change from 2017 and I fear its not intentional. Has anyone else come across this and is there a way to toggle this? Thank you so much!

Don't double click. Use a single click to select the tool and then place your video screen. Double clicking on any tool activates it and drops you into its properties dialog. Because you haven't customized the tool's preferences (usually by clicking on the wrench & pencil icon in the mode bar with the tool selected) its default is to insert a video screen at centre. Note that when the dialog opens as you describe, if you change the coordinate location and the inserted video screen will update to the new coordinates.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister