WEAREBVR

Can't Render properly

Question

When I try to render this scene, my program goes bananas and renders a blank screen.  The render time takes all of 3 seconds...

What am I doing wrong?

PC

V2018 SP3

NVIDIA 1060 Video Card

Asus Strix Laptop

Standard Setup.png

9 answers to this question

The image attached above is a render that was done before, and this problem just started recently? Or does it go to a blank screen just after it displays this render?

If you create a viewport and render there, does the same thing happen?

Stupid question,  but have you restarted VW?   I've had viewports that render all black after 6 or 7 successful renders. In 2017 it happend all the time.   I can't speak for 2018 as much as I usually render with Cinema 4D now.

Thanks all for the replies...  Not exactly sure what I did to fix it, but is working again...  Purged the document, restarted the program, then my entire system, then chanted a black magic spell upon my entire workspace...

For the record, that Marshall only goes to 10.  Lol

14 minutes ago, WEAREBVR said:

Thanks all for the replies...  Not exactly sure what I did to fix it, but is working again...  Purged the document, restarted the program, then my entire system, then chanted a black magic spell upon my entire workspace...

For the record, that Marshall only goes to 10.  Lol

I thought the volume on all Marshall amps go to 11. Maybe a modeling error? :-)

Good to her you fixed the problem!

PS: I'm curious which spell did the trick for you.

image.thumb.png.a804dfa1b94c3c2ab20abfafa4d1a1f8.png

All Marshall's go up to 11. I have blown my EL34s and had to have them all replaced at great expense. 11 is not a good place to go! As regards rendering, sometimes I have suffered the "black viewport of death", but a simple close file/open file normally does the trick, and I use heavy renders. I think wearebvr is using one of those new programmable Marshall modelling amps with the built in preset tones. Not a "patch" on a bit of original Marshall preamp gain :- ) 

1 minute ago, David S said:

As regards rendering, sometimes I have suffered the "black viewport of death", but a simple close file/open file normally does the trick, and I use heavy renders.

Still affecting me as well, SEEMS to be most closely related to, or caused by, altering the settings or on/off status of lights within a specific viewport or scene.

Hello all:

In my experience operating VectorWorks 2017. Bad render occurs when an object is located, like a 2D Locus 10 Km from the building.

For other part I work in my MacBook Pro 17, with only 1 Gb VRAM. then if open two files problems start.

Reagards