Workgroup Folder Setup Question

As part of my VW New Year's resolutions, I've been trying to set up CAD/BIM standards in the office. Long overdue.  I've been referring to the BIM Manager Guide to Resource Management ( as well as my notes from the Design Summit 2017.  Both of which are quite helpful.  I've managed to establish Workgroup Folder (at least on my test machine) which shows up in my Resource Browser.

However, with this new setup, each time I now open Vectorworks, I get the attached message, saying "Your resource library catalog is out-of-date...." 

Is this an error?  Or perhaps I have configured something incorrectly. Maybe a feature (glitch) of the program?  Or is there something I can do to prevent it from showing up like resetting a preference somewhere?

Thoughts?

5a665e61ed298_ScreenShot2018-01-22at4_16_40PM.thumb.png.f5a7aeefa81f8652d834a6f5de85e82d.png

Edited by cberg

Yes.  It appears to update libraries and then I can begin using Vectorworks.  Upon quitting the program, the next time I open Vectorworks the dialogue box reappears, even if the library has not been changed or modified. 

I am leaning towards thinking this is standard VW behavior.  Or maybe a bug.  Otherwise, the workgroup libraries are fully accessible.

• 5 months later...

Did you find any sort of workaround for this problem?

I see access to job files and libraries via the Resource Manager for the whole office as being a huge advantage for searching for obscure details and objects, but the more I add into the Workgroup Libraries the slower Vectorworks is to start up...

The shared libraries are on our server, which is pretty quick and our network is running at a gigabit and has never exhibited any bottleneck problems!

This was never fully explained or answered, which leads me to believe it may be "normal" VW behavior.  The library resources files take about 10-15 seconds to update each time I open Vectorworks, and the dialogue box appears each time I open the program.  There should be a setting somewhere to disable this, because the alert is not especially useful or informative.  Perhaps its primary function is to delay the opening of the program. :-)

Edited by cberg