Vision Renders

• 4 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
11 hours ago, scottmoore said:

Really nice. My complaint is why can Vision produce realistic beams including correct aperture sizing in OpenGL but Renderworks can’t even begin to get close?

Vision was originally developed as a completely separate application and uses OpenGL very differently than Vectorworks does. Eventually we hope to merge more of the features as time passes but unfortunately they can't simply be copy/pasted from one app to another.

Jim,

Thank you.  I completely understand that as I was a very early adopter of Vision "way back in the day".  It is simply jaw dropping to me that VW has completely dropped the ball on, what I would consider a very major drawback to an otherwise great platform.  Volumetric lighting is part and parcel to a huge percentage of the entertainment design market and to not be able to produce any kind of acceptable results without relying on some other expensive and time consuming application is quite frankly ridiculous.