Reposition the Editing Modes Button

bcd

Question

I can't park my OIP neatly in the top right of the screen because it obscures the editing modes button.

(Return To Viewport, Exit Group, Exit Symbol etc.)

I'd like to see it repositionable, or floating above the OIP, or smaller or much wider or something more convenient.

Somehow the  keyboard shortcut ⌘] doesn't come easily.

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.13.37 PM.png

Edited by bcd

7 answers to this question

+1 for strategy to access Exit button occluded by OIP or other palette. 

Not sure why I treat certain screens differently  - I think I often use the key shortcut to enter and exit groups and extrudes, but click the exit button to dismiss a symbol edit (after moving or closing the OIP). 

Exit button could have some options. User positioning - at least a pref for left/right/top/bot of screen? or a smart position feature which moves it dynamically to avoid occlusion by palettes? Or click anywhere on the orange border to exit?

Or maybe the palettes are the problem rather than the exit button? A click to close palette button? The new hover open scheme often opens when I don’t want, auto closes before I’m ready, and refuses to close when I want it to close.  Probably just  me refusing to adapt. 

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

Why have a button at all, or just one button?

a) The whole orange highlight could be the button. Add the text as repeats in the band so everyone knows.

b) Move to left agian just inside the orange band instead of wrapped text. (Top left corner seems to be freer space to me.

c) Or b+ - Change to a jump bar like this one in xCode.

Allow us to jump back anywhere in the chain but also say open up other faster naviagtion.

So If a go into design space of a viewport the next part could be just the layers active in that viewport.

If we transverse say 10 level deep to fix one item for a sheet we want to publish we then have one click return. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 4.55.26 pm.png

On 1/19/2018 at 10:09 PM, Matt Overton said:

Why have a button at all, or just one button?

a) The whole orange highlight could be the button. Add the text as repeats in the band so everyone knows.

Interesting idea! I like it.

On 1/19/2018 at 10:09 PM, Matt Overton said:

If we transverse say 10 level deep to fix one item for a sheet we want to publish we then have one click return. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 4.55.26 pm.png

Having breadcrumb navigation would be a great addition. Upvote this topic as well, perhaps?: