Truss symbols

Hi there,

looking at the available truss symbols, I have a hard time making the Slick ground support symbols work with the new (2018) connection tool. Can't also find appropriate sleeve block symbols.

On that same subject, I cannot find any tower systems from other manufacturers like Prolyte, Eurotruss etc.

Any change this can be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Simon,

Have you connected the appropriate record to your truss symbols and set up your Braceworks connection data properly?  Also, are you using the new rigging classing for the truss symbols that uses insert points? 

That makes sense for the symbols overlapping on top of each other.  If you use the symbol insertion tool instead of auto connect do your truss sections join at the loci that are on the insertion points?  For the Braceworks auto connect to work the truss sections and corners have to be set up so that the left side of each section is at the symbol insertion point in both the 2D and 3D.  Let me know if the trusses will at least      connect properly using the symbol insertion tool.

Glad it worked for the straight pieces.  For the cubes do the same thing and line up the cube so the left side of the cube is at the symbol insert point.  Place a loci that is on the insert points class at each connection point on the cube so that you have a total of four loci in the symbol.  You should also do this in the 3D version of the symbol using 3D loci and make sure that both the bottom of the truss and the 3D loci have a z height of zero, basically sitting on the ground.  This should get everything connecting properly using the symbol insert tool.  If you have any issues send me the file and I can take a look for you but it sounds like you are getting the hang of it.