Rendered Panorama Exposure Issue

Tom Klaber

Question

When I render a panorama - you can clearly see the different rendered shots that VW did - because the exposure seems to be different. You can see it in the test attached here, and becomes more pronounced when you see it in a 3D viewer.  It is not actually a stitching issue - but an exposure issue.  I thought maybe it had to do with "Perfect Lighting" because I have no lights - but if anybody has any idea what is going on - any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

5a6209988cd51_testpana.thumb.jpg.8a62c509936a30843dc7f7f9ea7a9835.jpg

5 answers to this question

You can go in your saved view, and throw a camera anywhere.

With the camera selected there should appear a "orient Camera to View" button in OIP.

And in Camera extra settings there should be exposure dropdown where you can set ISO

and or shutter time.

You have to play a bit and test render with these settings depending on light situation and

your render settings, until you find a pleasant exposure.

I tried creating a panorama for the first time a few days ago and had this same issue. I had no idea it was related to not having any lights in the scene, and gave up after a few tries.

It would be great if panoramas worked with the default lighting, and in the meantime, the help topic on panoramas needs to explain that lights are needed.