VW freezing

Jim2489

Question

I am having two problems with 2018.

Many times when I boot it up for the first time after starting either of my laptops it freezes into "VW not responding", so I have to task manager close it and retry. Sometimes it will take more than 2 tries to open it.

The second is that it freezes when I am in the program.

I does this on both my Dell & HP laptops. Both are Win 10 and are gaming computers, so they have big graphics cards in them. Nvidia GTX 1050 & 1060

any ideas

Edited by Jim2489

9 answers to this question

I haven't tried that as I usually have LightWright up on one screen, and some times Vision on the third. I prefer using VW on the 24" monitor instead of the 15" laptop screen.

Will take some to find out if it does this with just the laptop.

But I do know that I have had the opening problem when just booting the program up with no external monitors.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like this machine is using its integrated Intel GPU rather than the dedicated Nvidia one it should be using. Normally this can be corrected by closing Vectorworks and following these steps:

The intel graphics driver is a bit outdated as well, but Im fairly certain once you specify the dedicated GPU for Vectorworks that the driver version of the Intel card wont matter.