Red 'X' appears in Top/Plan view and attached to hardscape area

skeyshubber

Question

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Just now, Andy Broomell said:

Is there a reason the Hardscape tool doesn't auto-assign these loci to a class such as "NonPlot" or "NonPlot-Loci" as most other tools do?

Not sure, however my best guess is that because its a control handle, we never wanted it hidden just because NonPlot was turned off? However, there are plenty of instances, I think Seating Layout is one of them, where it has a control handle with no loci visible at all. Hardscape is a bit older of a tool, I'll put in a query as to why it behaves this way currently and see if its a bug or wishlist thing.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
50 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

Is there a reason the Hardscape tool doesn't auto-assign these loci to a class such as "NonPlot" or "NonPlot-Loci" as most other tools do?

Talked to some of the engineers and they think they'll just be removing it's visibility entirely since you can see the needed handle once the hardscape is selected anyway. Its leftover from before we used the same UI to control the fill alignment.