Resource manager palette getting stuck and fading out

skeyshubber

Question

I am having issues with the resource manager palette whereas if I attempt to attach it to the side of my window it populates the entire space. When I attempt to grab the top bar to pull it off I default grabbing the project window and the resource manager palette become faded out and unmanageable. 

Feels like a bug.

I've restarted VW but was required to save before I booted to not lose my work.  The program now starts up with a dysfunctional resource manager palette stuck in the main window.

Stephanie

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 9.34.23 AM.png

1 answer to this question

May not help but something to try:

it looks like you have a Mac OS system pref for “reopen windows”at launch. So re starting after a crash starts your Mac OS, opens Vectorworks and opens the crashed file along with all the other apps and files that were open at time of crash.

If you can restart without a crash (I think hold the space bar during restart prevents app and file open), don’t try to work on anything. Close EVERYTHING that is open or running- all the files, all windows and quit all the apps.  Decline the Save option when closing the Vectorworks file and quitting the Vectorworks app.

Restart again. No apps or windows or files should open.  Launch Vectorworks app but not any Vectorworks files ( or a blank file if that is your default - my default  pref is set to not open any files on launch) . Navigate to the problem file in the Mac OS finder. Open the problem file. 

With luck the palettes are back to normal. At this point you could save, close, quit, even restart. Or just work then save.  There might be a conflicting app causing the prob. Maybe something old dragged along from previous macs?

Another preventive thing - in Vectorworks prefs change auto backup from time based to action based - eg every 50 or 100 actions

I do a complete system shutdown every day. And launch all apps clean with - no files auto open. I open files after launch via Open Recent, or by navigating in Finder. 

good luck

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw