DWG Import with Clipped XRefs and Clipped Blocks

Our team is having trouble with .dwg imports that contain clipped xrefs and clipped blocks. Objects outside of the clipped area are being imported into vectorworks as live linework, and contain schedules, exploded views, etc. We would like to be able to import these files with the clipped objects excluded or cropped. Is there a way to accomplish this?

We have tried using the "Ignore Block Clipping" tool, but this doesn't change or alter the import at all?

You could try to use AutoCAD or a compatible that supports extrim, then you can trim most things outside the clip border area before importing into VW. However.... you would need to make sure that the data of one clip border is not also used by another clip border.

Another option could be to recreate the clip border on the layer holding the actual xref (i.e. the parts outside the clipped area) and then on that layer crop that info to match the clip border. (for this "ignore block clipping" should not be used upon import)

Other than the two options above I don't think there is a simple way to get rid of the extraneous objects that I am aware of at the moment.