Design Viewport not showing in Sheet Viewport

RonaldHH

Question

Hello All, 

Here is my issue...I set up section viewports to be applied to a design layer for annotation. From there, I created another viewport for the drawing to be placed on a sheet. The viewport on the sheet does not show the design viewport in a handful of instances, but in some, it works fine. I have checked visibilities from classes, layers, ect.

I have tried using the eyedropper tool to copy attributes from the viewports that are showing, to the ones that are not, but no luck. I am at a loss! Any ideas? 

4 answers to this question

@RonaldHHHi, Are all your design layers the same scale?

Normally I would create a section viewport and place it on a sheet layer then annotate in the annotations layer of that viewport.

If sometimes i want to bring the viewport back to a design layer i will convert to lines and copy paste to design layer and scale it up by 100 (Metric and design layer set to 1:100)

HTH

Thanks Alan, 

yes, all the layers are at the same scale. I set up the drawing up this way so that I could put all sections on the same layer, and be able to add linework detail easily. I can then transfer detail from section to the other without having to jump between sheet viewports. It saved me loads of time, except for this last hangup! 

Attached are a couple screenshots to show the issue...

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 1.21.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 1.21.31 PM.png

Sheet viewport enforce "unified view" they must all be in the same view orientation as well as scale.

If you have a 2D design layer viewport showing in a Section viewport you can't make a sheet viewport that shows that. My workaround is to stack up viewports on the sheet. Align them carefully and everything is fine.