peterlukejenkins

Question

Hi all, our architects practice currently has up to 8 users working on projects, all running VW 2017 Architect (Fundamentals, Architect, Renderworks licensed) on Macs with a Mac pro server, using SMB. Recently we've landed some larger projects requiring multiple users working on the same scheme, which to date we have managed using split files and laborious processes of recombining information every day or so.

So, surely Vectorworks has a better way of handling this... of course it does, Project Sharing. So I've started reading the various tutorials to get us up and running, but have tripped at the very first hurdle; creating a Project Sharing file.

All the guides say to say the file on a shared drive; OK, all our files are on a shared drive already.

Then they say to choose File: Project Sharing to begin setting up shared access permissions etc.

Problem - I go to File:... and there is no "Project Sharing" option in the menu. It's not greyed out, it's just simply not there. Am I missing something simple here?

4 answers to this question