RyanMCLD

Site Model Contour Labels

Question

4 answers to this question

This is a great request and I know has appeared on here several times before...hopefully repeated exposure will push the development of site model!

• Like 2

Incomprehensible that this hasn't been done. Placement of contour labels is inscrutable as well. I often have auto-generated labels on top of one another. I either need the ability to place labels manually/quickly - maybe pull a line and label those contours where the line touches them, or automatically - begin labeling a certain distance from the end of a contour and a specified distance apart, then I can manually adjust individual labels. Ideally I should be able to specify labels above or on the line, if labels are rotated in line with the contour, it's been my experience that they should always be rotated to read as if your looking up the terrain.

• Like 4

"Incomprehensible" is an accurate description. This is a very basic need for anyone generating contour maps on a regular basis. I NEVER use VW generated contour labels. It is just too time consuming to go through and weed out all the extras. I use the number stamp tool and work my way down through the map. It irritates me every time 🙂

Edited by G Troyer
  • Like 2