Site Model Contour Labels

RyanMCLD

Question

8 answers to this question

"Incomprehensible" is an accurate description. This is a very basic need for anyone generating contour maps on a regular basis. I NEVER use VW generated contour labels. It is just too time consuming to go through and weed out all the extras. I use the number stamp tool and work my way down through the map. It irritates me every time 🙂

Edited by G Troyer
  • Like 4

For numbering contours: A roundabout, and still manual, way I have found is to draw a polyline, change it from solid to a linetype that has text in it, import that to your drawing, edit the geometry in the instance in your resource manager so that the text inside the linetype is the same as your contour elevation, then change your linetype to your new edited linetype (I recommend renaming the changed linetype to whatever the contour elevation is). Do this for each of your 5' contours and then you'll have (unarguably too many linetypes) a line that looks like a labeled contour line.

17 hours ago, Tonya said:

For numbering contours: A roundabout, and still manual, way I have found is to draw a polyline, change it from solid to a linetype that has text in it, import that to your drawing, edit the geometry in the instance in your resource manager so that the text inside the linetype is the same as your contour elevation, then change your linetype to your new edited linetype (I recommend renaming the changed linetype to whatever the contour elevation is). Do this for each of your 5' contours and then you'll have (unarguably too many linetypes) a line that looks like a labeled contour line.

Wow, that may be the single most complex non solution I have seen posted here on the forum.

• Like 2