Page rotates on printing

Orme

Question

This has been happening since updating to 2018.

If printing directly from the workspace, the page rotates. For example the page changes from landscape to portrait or vice versa when selecting file>print thus drawings are cut off and not sit-in god the page correctly. This also if printing as a PDF.

The page orientation remains as required only if you publish the sheets first.

It has continued to happen even though I have quit and re-started/shut down several times and eventually re-installed Vectorworks 2018. 

My operating system is macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 on MacBook Pro.

6 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Gadzooks said:

I think there was a thread about High Sierra and Epson Printers needing new drivers to solve issues as you describe. 

Don't know whether this is relevant to your problem.

Hello Gadzooks,

Thank you very much - I found the thread and yes, I need a new driver for my Epson printer to solve this issue. Unfortunately it's not yet available for my machine which is rather annoying! 

Thanks for your help.

HTH @Orme- but I can see its a PITA that Epson are so slow on this issue.

I'm not fully clued up on any work around for this (by now you're probably well read on the subject so you'll know more than me!), but would printing to a 'generic' printer as a pdf give you the ability to then print to the Epson? Or, at least, be able to print from another PC/Mac without the issue

Unfortunately printing to PDF from the print dialogue box does not work either. 

The work around I have found is to first publish the sheet layers, save them to a location on the computer/network and then print the PDF documents from that.  

Have always used Epson printers... maybe I need to have 2 or 3 different brands in the office to get around slow software updates!