multiple symbol / PIO selection?

Hi All.

Is there a way to select multiple occurances of symbols or PIO's that are embedded in a wall?

For instance, I'll try and generate a schedule, but there always seems to be one or two additional objects included in the schedule that I have a hell of a time finding and deleting.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Paul Skidmore

Windows XP

VW Industry 10.5

Currently, the custom selection does not search for objects in walls. You can multiple select objects in walls by holding down the shift key and clicking on each object.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

Currently, the custom selection does not search for objects in walls. You can multiple select objects in walls by holding down the shift key and clicking on each object.

Selecting multiple windows in walls - NO

Selecting multiple doors in walls - NO

What kinds of objects are you talking about?

I think you're right -- I'm not able to select multiple objects in walls either.

Custom selection is useful in a limited way. I like to use Custom Selection 2 to track down mystery objects on the schedule. You can search for objects with a specific field value, and while you won't end up with the exact object selected, you will get the wall that the object is in. Usually once I know which wall to look in it doesn't take too long to locate the unwanted object.

Kristen

EvB,

You are correct. You can not select more than one object at a time in a wall.

Using the custom selection 2 command allows to select all of the objects outside of the wall, plus one inside the wall. The limitation of selecting one object at a time in a wall extends to the custom selection commands.