Keynote Legends keep disappearing, suspected culprit = Project Sharing

Christiaan

Question

12 answers to this question

Thanks @nrkuhl, can you dig out the bug number so I can follow it up?

The other thing that happens is that the Callout Notes still believe the Keynote Legend is there, because if you copy paste another Keynote legend onto the Sheet Layer and then click on the Keynote Legend dropdown menu in the Callout Note OIP you'll see there are now two Keynotes Legends to choose from for that particular Sheet Laye. Do you experience this too?

I've corrected myself: last February I sent this issue to VSS tech support and was told it "is a known issue that engineering is working on".  I also just found the below thread from a couple months ago, so obviously nothing has changed.

Re: the other behavior that you've mentioned, I don't think I've run into.  But I think the keynotes always give you the option of selecting any legend in the document to reference onto the sheet?  Not sure if I explained that well, none of my current projects are using the keynote legend PIO.  We've had to make manual legends/keynotes with symbols since you can't assign custom numbering (i.e. reference spec sections) with the keynote tool.

2 hours ago, nrkuhl said:

We've had to make manual legends/keynotes with symbols since you can't assign custom numbering (i.e. reference spec sections) with the keynote tool.

If I understand you correctly, we do this by setting the Keynote Display to Note Description from Database and then unchecking the Edit Note option to "Use the first 42 characters of the note for the description"

5a53ccbea92a9_ScreenShot2018-01-08at19_55_03.thumb.png.82b8caf6933a9db454042a875e819ec3.png

5a53cdaa4a2f6_ScreenShot2018-01-08at19_59_22.thumb.png.0eede225281841013fd0c5fa0dc67743.png

Edited by Christiaan

I have another related issue perhaps someone can help with?

When I turn a call-out into a keynote it appears on all the keynote legends in the file. 

I have used keynotes/keynote legends really successfully in the past on previous versions. This is my first attempt with 2018 using multiple keynote legends.

Typically I set up my construction drawings with a "Notes" sheet that has multiple keynote legends for different aspects of the project. The keynote legends are numbered in accordance with the CBI numbering system. This way I can place keynotes throughout the file which are all displayed in their respectice Keynote Legends all on the Notes sheet. In this way I can quickly and comprehensively update or revise specifications/selections all in one place via the Keynote Legends.

Unfortunately it is not working for me in vw2018 so far.

Any advice help would be much appreciated!

image.thumb.png.a0855023f390a6c08e58a39193f3a7ff.pngimage.thumb.png.984e47eae9f3b462a310e5e93956ed16.pngimage.thumb.png.a0855023f390a6c08e58a39193f3a7ff.png

image.png

Thanks Iborisov.

The issue is a bit erratic. I created a new file from a template of mine and pasted my Keynote Legends into it. I then created a new keynote.

initially the keynote wouldn't appear in any of the legends. i thought to post this file on the forum. But in the process of stripping out everything except the keynote & legends the keynote started to appear in the correct legend as it is supposed to.

Also in my original file where I was having the initial problem I suspected the problem might have been from using keynote legends originally created in vw2016. I found when I created new legends in vw2018 it seemed to work ok.

I will monitor it for now and see if I have further trouble...

Thanks for your help.

keynote legends have been a bane for me also. I just created a sample file with a keynote label. The IP refers the Keynote Legend as the Default Legend of which there is none. At the same time a "Note:" appears which as i understand it should be the legend for the keynotes but there is not note in there.

My solution is this: Copy a keynote legend from a file where the connection worked before. Paste it to you desired file and link the keynotes to this legend. Rename the keynote legend to your liking

Hope that helps

Today I am getting a related problem - that has never happened before. I use the Call Out Tool and then place the notes in a Keynote Legend. I'll do one per Sheet Layer.

Yesterday and today VW decides it wants to keep all notes on one Keynote Legend even though I've specifically selected the Keynote Legend for that Sheet Layer. Then the file got corrupted (I think) and I had to go back to an earlier version (thank you DropBox) and start over.

Can anyone lend any help? This is ruining today's productivity.

Thanks

Edited by leecalisti